The age old saying goes “we are what we eat.” This proves to be true when our skin responds more positively to a diet with fresher ingredients as opposed to junk food. Who needs natural makeup when you can have a radiant complexion? It all starts with a simple change.
These foods help fight against ageing skin:
- Blueberries have antioxidants that fight against ageing skin.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A which helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Broccoli helps fight lines and wrinkles.
- Avocados enhance the complexion and fight ageing skin.
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and fight against wrinkles.
- Tuna, salmon and other omega 3 rich foods like fish help to prevent skin damage and keep skin’s collagen firm and youthful.
- Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants that fight inflammation and ageing.
If you are worried about skin damage, try adding the following foods to your diet:
- Tomatoes, carrots and pink grapefruit all contain lycopene which protect skin from sunburn and skin smooth.
- Papaya is an excellent source of vitamin C and protects against sun damage as well as encouraging skin cells repair themselves.
- Red peppers have a plethora of vitamin C that protect skin and repair sun- damaged skin cells.
- Spinach has beta-carotene which is an antioxidant that helps to repair skin cells and prevent cancer cells.
In order to take good care of your skin in general, everyone can benefit from trying the foods below:
- Almonds have vitamin E which is good for skin health.
- Red raspberries are filled with anthocyanins, which are the nutrients that are essential for maintaining healthy and youthful skin. Their high levels of antioxidants will also slow down skin ageing.
- Dark Chocolate is rich in antioxidants which keeps skin hydrated and improves blood flow to the face.
- Sunflower seeds provide a daily dose of vitamin E and can help with acne problems to keep skin clear.
- Carrots can help you achieve a healthy summer glow.